The application process for the State of California’s Rental Assistance Payment Program will open by March 15, 2021. This program, administered by the California Business, Consumer Services and Housing Agency (BCSH) will pay landlords 80% of the past due rent owed by eligible households.
Join CAA and BCSH staff for an overview of the program and application process including:
- How does the state program relate to local programs?
- How to determine whether to apply to the state or a local program?
- Which households and landlords are eligible for the state program?
- What are the state programs funding priorities?
- Can both the landlord and the resident apply?
- Can the landlord apply on behalf of former residents who still owe rent?
- Which information must be provided by the landlord and resident?
- Does the landlord have to accept the 80% payment and waive the remainder?
- Will the landlord be paid directly or does the money go the resident?
- What if the tenant (or the landlord) refuses to participate?
Cost: $20 member / $139 for non-members
Qualifies for 1 unit CCRM Continuing Education Credit
WARNING This material has been reproduced and communicated to you by or on behalf of California Apartment Association in accordance with section 113P of the Copyright Act 1968 (“Act”). The material in this communication may be subject to copyright under the Act. Any further reproduction or communication of this material by you may be subject of copyright protection under the Act.
© 2021 California Apartment Association